Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Kolob Canyon Finished

Early Light - Kolob, 8" x 10", oil on canvas panel.

I just finished up a couple of paintings I started on location last fall at Kolob Canyon, Utah. Neither of these was where I hoped they would be by the time I lost the lighting pattern altogether, so I figured I would tickle them up in the  studio before sending them off to my gallery. They will both probably be hanging at Williams Fine Art shortly. This one is 8" x 10", oil on Raymar panel. I don't usually use canvas panels, but I was out of 8x10 size and bummed this one off my friend Ron Spears as we painted together. I am usually annoyed by the weave of canvas panels, so I make my own by putting a few coats of gesso on  Masonite, but this weave was a pretty tight linen and worked pretty well. I'll show the other one later.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful, Greg! I can't see this staying in the gallery for long.

Unknown said...

Thanks Ron! That's what the gallery owner says too. I'll be sort of sad to see it go, but that's the name of the game.