Friday, November 4, 2011

Woodland Skunk

Woodland Skunk- 9" x 18" -by Greg Newbold
acrylic on canvas 

This week, I got one of those nice surprises in the mail- a royalty check. It was for my book Spring Song, which unfortunately has fallen out of print for the moment. I think the art in this book is actually stronger than the companion book I illustrated called Winter Lullaby, also written by Barbara Seuling. So how did I get a royalty check on a book that is out of print you ask? Well, the anthology rights to the book are still very much active and it was picked up again to be published in a children's reading textbook.Granted, the check was not huge, just a few hundred dollars, but it's always nice to get money when you don't expect it!


4 comments:

Patti said...

What a nice surprise and lovely image.

Kayleen West - Children Author/Illustrator said...

A bonus is a bonus.

Will Terry said...

Wicked Awesome!

jeffdinardo said...

Great illustration Greg! I'll have to check out the whole book