Friday, March 4, 2011

Bill Perkins Workshop Day 1


I am off to day two of Bill Perkins painting workshop. Me and 20 of my closest friends (the room is pretty tight) are enjoying working with Bill Perkins (former Disney artist among other things) painting in oils from life and learning more about color theory and application.


Yesterday we produced five different studies from different lighting and color situation. I will post more on that later. All the studies are between 30 and 45 minutes so we really have to work quickly. Needless to say, I am not getting them to a finish level that I enjoy (yet), so they really are more color impressions for me.


Bill started us with black and white and kicked off the session by doing this study in 30 minutes. More to come later including thoughts from the notes I took.

No comments: