Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Seagulls - Progress

Last night I began blocking in the background for the drawing I showed yesterday. It's coming along well and I am pleased with the progress so far. First step was to isolate my  scanned drawing in a channel layer and then load it as a selection. I then  colored the drawing a little so that it wasn't all black.  I changed the drawing to a multiply layer, added another layer behind it for background color and started painting. As I progressed with the background I found myself erasing out the drawing from the top layer. Initially thought I would leave a lot of the drawing showing, but I am beginning to change my mind and may just paint over all the line work before I am done. We'll see how it goes.

No comments: