Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Boys' Life Spot Finish


Yesterday I finished one of the pieces for Boys' Life magazine that I have been working on. I had to put it aside for a while as I worked on some other stuff but I am now back on them. There are two other pieces for this project, a fictional account of the Native American chief Crazy Horse called "The Boy Who Hunted Grrasshoppers". The story tels the tale of how as a young boy, he learned to shoot the bow and arrow so well that he could hit grasshoppers out of the air. This one was done digitally as well. Please leave a comment as to how close you feel it looks to my painted style.There is also a poll going at top right of this page.

Compare to the drawing here

4 comments:

Chad Grohman said...

The painting looks very natural and I think its very hard to tell its digital. I thought that way about the Friend cover too.

Rob Colvin said...

I would not have guessed it to be digital. A very nice piece! Looks like your work/style.

Rob Colvin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
M.R. Weaver said...

TOTALLY thought it was physical media until I saw the poll. That is some NICE digital stuff there—especially with the faux aging effect.