Monday, June 30, 2014

Scuffy in 3X3 Picture Book Annual.


Last week I received the great news that pictures from  my personal project "Scuffy- A Scarecrow's Tale" have been accepted into the 3X3 illustration Annual. I've been trying to get the story published ever since I started the book as part of my MFA project back in 2009.



Finally, a picture book annual that had an unpublished category has come along and I am gratified to finally see at least part of the book in print. There was a snag in the process when I read in the submission guidelines that even unpublished entries needed to be submitted as "published" spreads and include the "cover".



I enlisted the help of friend and fellow artist Val Paul Taylor to give my spread mock ups and cover a nice type treatment. I am super excited with the wonderful type treatment he came up with for the "book". Scuffy is currently being shop by my literary agent, so hopefully I will actually get to finish the book at some point. Fingers crossed!

2 comments:

scott sullivan said...

This is one of the best story books I have seen in a long, long time. I certainly hope you get it published soon. Congratulations to you and Amy for a great job.
S

Unknown said...

Wow, thanks Scott! I appreciate the kind words. Of course we too think it's pretty good and hope to see it published soon also.