Friday, June 10, 2011

Windswept Petals

Scattered Sunshine- by Greg Newbold
From the picture book Winter Lullaby by Barbara Seuling

"When the breeze blows the petals off the flowers, where do the bees go?" is the opening line that accompanies this painting from my book Winter Lullaby written by Barbara Seuling. It was painted in acrylic on bristol paper and measures 10" x 20". To date, it is my highest selling book and I am gratified that it is still in print in both hardcover and paperback.I still like it and it rotates to the wall in the living room fairly regularly. I have not sold any of the originals from my picture books. I think  at this point, I'd like to keep them all together for a while.

8 comments:

k.h.whitaker said...

lovely :)

INDIGENE said...

Beautiful work...sunflowers are my favorite flower!!

Unknown said...

I really like how whimsical, light, and airy the whole piece looks.

Coreopsis said...

I really like your paintings--how warm they are. These country scenes make me want to be IN them.

Lucy Autrey Wilson said...

Nice

cathyjune said...

Beautiful colors and composition. I love your blog title too... Life DOES need art!

Unknown said...

Thanks everyone. I enjoy it when I get reactions like " I want to be IN this painting". I try to paint with that intent, since I usually want to be IN these scenes as well.

Alicia said...

I think I have a pretty eclectic taste when it comes to illustration styles that I love -- but I think my favorite is when an artist can achieve an interesting blend of stylization and realism… This, to me, is just a perfect ten. Whenever I make it over to your page I miss painting with my acrylics so much :-)