Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Renaissance Portrait Finished



I just finished up with the portrait project I have been working on. I am really happy with how it turned out. As you can see from previous posts, there is now a lot more detail in the faces and clothes. Last step was to insert the final painting into the panel that I gold leafed and distressed and  then ship it off to my friend Jeff Dinardo.


 He assured me that his significant other would never stumble on this blog, so I feel pretty safe. Now nobody go spoiling it if you know Jeff.  I expect the Christmas morning surprise will be a good one.. I'm thinking it might be fun to do more of these type portraits, so I hope I get a chance sometime.

Part 1 of this project
Part 2 of this project
Part 3 of this project
Gold Leafing of the frame/panel for this project

4 comments:

Will Strong said...

Looks great. I really dig how the background colors play off each other.

Amy said...

This is such a great concept. Someday you'll have to do a portrait of us!

Unknown said...

Will- thanks man- I consciously kept them in the yellow end of the palette so they would be harmonious. Everything is actually tinted to the warm end of the spectrum and that automatically made them play nice together.
Amy- I agree, that would be fun.

Andrew Finnie said...

LOve those clouds Greg