Thursday, May 13, 2010

Boys' Life July Cover

Home of the Brave- 24"x32", Oil

I just finished illustrating a fiction story for Boys' Life Magazine. I have enjoyed working with Scott Feaster, art director at Boys' Life and Scouting magazines for several years and he saves all the great fiction features for me (at least a lot of them). The story is a fictional account about the writing of "The Star Spangled Banner" and will run on the cover of the July issue. I did two interior paintings as well. This project also coincides with the 100 year anniversary of Scouting and the 2010 National  Boy Scout Jamboree. If all works out, the painting will also be made into a poster and we are in discussions for me to fly to Fort A.P. Hill, Virginia to sign copies during the festivities. My two scout age boys will be attending Jamboree, so I would get to hang with them a little as well.

No comments: