Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!

Gratitude- Acrylic, 11" x 14"

Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it.
-William Arthur Ward


Most human beings have an almost infinite capacity for taking things for granted.
-Aldous Huxley


We can only be said to be alive in those moments when our hearts are conscious of our treasures.  
-Thornton Wilder


Nothing is more honorable than a grateful heart.  
-Seneca


O Lord that lends me life,
Lend me a heart replete with thankfulness.
-William Shakespeare 



We can lift ourselves and others as well when we refuse to remain in the realm of negative thought and cultivate within our hearts an attitude of gratitude. If ingratitude be numbered among the serious sins, then gratitude takes its place among the noblest of virtues.
-Thomas S. Monson


Take time this weekend to be grateful for all of your blessings and the people in your life and remember those who helped shape who you are! You'll see what what you have far outweighs what you have not.


Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

Lael Henderson said...

amen brother. I fight to be as positive as I'd like to be...there is a lot to be thankful for that I overlook most days. thanks for the reminder... and for sharing all this nice artwork!! I love your blog and I'm thankful I get to see all this stuff you've created over the years.