Friday, December 3, 2010

Tropical


If you look at the work I have done over the years, you'll notice how many times I have had the chance to create this type of stylized landscape. I have a lot of fun making these pictures and the stylization seems to lend a bit of a surreal feel to the scenes without removing the sense of reality that the attention to detail gives it. This painting was done for Mountain Sun Natural Juices as a wraparound background label for their tropical juice line. I also did a number of tropical fruit details that were inset into the center of the label.

9 comments:

Rob Colvin said...

Beautiful!

Vincent Desjardins said...

I love the colors that used in the clouds. The whole scene is very inviting and with snow on the ground outside my window, I'd love to be IN your landscape right now!

k.h.whitaker said...

beautiful, as always Greg

Unknown said...

Thanks, and Vincent, I would love to be in it right now too!

Coreopsis said...

Stylized, yes, but wonderfully rich and beautiful!

TsipiLevin said...

Beautiful work!

Kayleen West - Children Author/Illustrator said...

I love it. I also really like the title of your blog.

Unknown said...

Thanks all, and Kayleen, the credit for the blog title goes to my wife, though as soon as she said it, I knew that was it.

Pásztohy Lili said...

hey greg well done