Monday, December 27, 2010

Grand Canyon Christmas

Canyon Romance- by Greg Newbold
Oil on board, 5.25" x 5.25"

I had the opportunity this past summer to vacation on the North Rim of Grand Canyon with my wife. We had a great time together hiking and painting (at least I painted) and I gathered tons of photo reference including a bunch of shots capturing sunset lighting in the canyon. Well I took a day last week and made a little picture as a Christmas present to my sweetie to commemorate our trip. It was a pleasant and total surprise for her that she loved. The painting is rather small, but I had a randomly sized, bonus Gold River Gallery frame laying around from a previous order, so I decided to fill it. I am pleased how it turned out and I think I will also use it as a study for a larger painting.

4 comments:

Nathan said...

Gorgeous! I love me some Grand Canyon!

Chad Grohman said...

These landscapes are some of my favorites.

Rob Colvin said...

WOW! Love this one!! Very nice!

Unknown said...

Thanks guys- this was a fun one. Can't wait to paint a bigger version