Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Evolution Of A Picture- Part 2

Yesterday I posted page one of my process tutorial. Step two for me is to do research on my subject. At times I have to do this simultaneously with the thumbnails, especially if I am not convinced i know what my subject looks like enough to draw from my imagination. The rough sketch on the bottom is a combination of elements from the research photos and my imagination. Tomorrow I'll post how my photo shoot factors into making my final drawing. Click image to see it larger and read text.

Evolution of a Picture part 1
Evolution of a Picture part 2
Evolution of a Picture part 3
Evolution of a Picture Part 4

3 comments:

Candace Trew Camling said...

this is one of my favorite pieces of yours. This actually the first piece I ever saw of your work! LOVE IT! So interesting to see a little of the work behind it!

Rob Colvin said...

This is also one of my favorites. Hey, isn't that old photo of the cliffs, Colorado City? You know, the polygamist town in southern Utah?

Unknown said...

Thanks guys. This is one of my all time favorite pieces also. It's always fun when a piece comes together like you want it to and then people respond to it. Rob, the town is called Fruita and it's just outside Zion National Park (not Colorado City).