Friday, March 23, 2012

Swamp Sunset

Swamp Sunset by Greg Newbold- 8" x 16" acrylic

I just got an email today from a mother telling me how much her children loved Spring Song, the book that includes this image. It's really nice to hear from readers and parents of readers since, for me at least, I don't often get that kind of feedback. In part it read:
My children and I enjoyed Spring Song today and I wanted you to know how much we enjoyed your illustrations.  I've seen your work before and should have recognized it...Thank you for sharing such lovely work.
This reaction is one of the main reasons why I enjoy making a book so much. In recent weeks, I have pulled out and revised some manuscripts that I have written and am gearing up to get another book in the pipeline. Finding a publisher is the hard part, so wish me luck.

Moonlight Serenade- 8" x 16" , acrylic

Here's the companion piece to this one. I think I may have posted it before, but couldn't find the link.

6 comments:

Ces Adorio said...

Wow! My goodness! Your work is beautiful!!!!!!!!!!

I also posted bald cypress trees for this prompt. Happy to have this coincidence.

Mike Blake Studio said...

One of my favorite illustrations you've done is in this book, "Spring Plowing." I absolutely love that illustration, and the rest of them as well!

k.h.whitaker said...

you and Ces did remarkably similar scenes, I love it. Those frogs are really great too.

Creations By Mit said...

Love how you've handled the reflection & water. Both are beautifully done.

Mardi Speth said...

Two more stunning paintings! I am presenting an award to you for your inspiring work. Details here http://mardispeth.blogspot.com/2012/03/lin-gave-me-this-award.html

Amy said...

Still love the lighting in that swamp painting. And the frogs make me smile every time I walk by them on the stairs. Spring Song was a wonderful artistic achievement!