Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Monolith- Finished

Monolith- by Greg Newbold; 24" x 24" oil on board; 2013
Just finished this one up today. I am particularly happy with the feeling of distance that I was able to convey with the atmospheric perspective. I also like that as I do more and more of these paintings, I become less attached. There was a time when I couldn't imagine letting go of my paintings, let alone my favorites. Over the years, I have done so much work, it becomes easier to see them go. In illustration, I always got the work back so it was not an issue. Working in the gallery market now, I have had to adjust to a different train of thought: that I am sharing my vision with the public and that letting the paintings go is part of the creative process. Also, getting a check is a nice motivator.

See my post of this painting in progress

No comments: