Monday, April 4, 2011

Welcome to Spring!

The view from my studio window...THIS MORNING

Just when I was getting used to the idea of warmer weather. Friday was gorgeous, sunny and and seventy degrees. Ditto Saturday morning, then a cold front rolled in and we had six inches of the fresh stuff by sunrise Sunday. Our power got knocked out for a while in the early morning hours but was back on in time for breakfast. I guess I shouldn't be surprised since we always get a rogue snowstorm or two in March or April. Such is springtime here in Utah. I'll just try to enjoy a few more days of snow covered foothills and sparkling peaks. Soon enough I am sure I'll be grumbling about how hot it is when the heat of July sets in. Some days I wish the only thing on the schedule was to go paint outdoors (even in the cold). Days like this would be amazing to try to capture with the fresh snow and sunshine providing remarkable contrasts. But other projects need attention and deadlines loom. Maybe in couple of weeks...

No comments: